Thursday, September 11, 2008

Vote for Jim - Marion Batali's Ultimate Grilling Challenge!

I was contacted today by a great friend of mine since 6th Grade – Jim Webster. Jim currently works as an editor for the St. Petersburg Times newspaper, but on the side loves to cook. Jim submitted a video recipe for Mario Batali’s Ultimate Grilling Challenge and has progressed to the quarterfinals. He needs our vote to make it even further, so please check out this article (and video) and please vote online for Jim. Please visit this link for all the info and to vote: http://blogs.tampabay.com/dining/2008/09/jim-websters-ou.html

Here is a recent email from Jim that will assist all who help:

hi everyone! many of you know that i am a quarterfinalist in the mario batali grilling contest. to make it to the semifinals, i need votes. my recipe is called pig-wrapped, pig-stuffed pig. first i made an orange-fennel sausage, then stuffed it inside a butterfield pork tenderloin, and wrapped the whole thing in pancetta, which is an italian bacon. to help me advance, go to mariobatali.com/grillingcontest, register (it requires an e-mail address and setting up a log in and password), then go to my video, which is called pork-upload.mov (i was not aware i was picking the ultimate name of my entry when i uploaded the file), and give me as many stars as you deem appropriate. i have been suggesting five. ;) you can rate others if you like, but you don't have to. by registering to vote, you will be entered in a drawing to win an autographed copy of mario's new book. after you vote, it would also be really helpful if you encourage your friends to vote for me too. you can refer them to me or my blog. you can go to my blog (jwscoop.blogspot.com) for more information and for updates. and let me know if there are any questions i can answer. also, if you are on facebook, join my group Vote Pig-Wrapped Pig- Stuffed Pig 08. thanks!
jim

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

jim webster said...

thanks for the link! voting starts monday. the site is mariobatali.com, but i might have a more precise address on monday.

to vote, you need to register, but the prize is an autographed copy of mario's new book, so, bonus.

The Spotman Blog Archive